This easy to complete online survey will provide helpful information in guiding Tucson’s future development.
We Need You to Join the Effort: Take The Imagine Greater Tucson Online Survey
Now through February 29, you have an opportunity to help define the Greater Tucson Region. This survey allows you to influence the future of land use, transportation, and conservation in your community. Ultimately, the survey provides a community vision developed by local citizens to guide our local institutions in decision making and for our jurisdictions to consider incorporating into their respective general or comprehensive plans.
Working from community conversations held in 2010 and the compilation of existing trends, Imagine Greater Tucson found that growth projections and development patterns are at odds with a number of our “Shared Regional Values.” Last spring, more than 600 people attended mapping workshops to share their vision for what they want the future of the region to look like based on these values.
Several key themes emerged from the public workshops that supported:
- More infill and density near urban centers,
- An interest in mixed-use developments that promote a lifestyle of more bicycling and walking opportunities to work, schools, and amenities and
- Conservation of our desert environment.
Want to have your say?
Here is the survey link. Paper survey copies are available at all local libraries, and the IGT office located at 700 N. Stone Ave. Imagine Greater Tucson is a community-based effort dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life in the Greater Tucson Region. Our goal is to involve the people of greater Tucson in creating a shared vision for our region’s future, and develop the strategies to realize this vision.
Imagine Greater Tucson supports establishing a values-based environment that keeps us in tune with the lifestyles we prefer.
For more information: call (520) 209-2448
email Imagine Greater Tucson
or visit Imagine Greater Tucson website
More IGT Info
- Survey Open House Information
- Alternatives for Tucson | Progress
- Open Shared Regional Values PDF
- Phase I: Values data gathering – What do you most like about our community/region? What do you most want to change or improve? and Why?
Don Ijams, Coordinator
Neighborhood Support Network