The City is distributing sandbags at seven different locations today (Wed. 9/17) – please circulate this information to your neighbors:
Sandbags Available through City of Tucson on Wednesday, Sept. 17
The locations for distribution of sandbags/sand for tomorrow’s potential storm event are:
- North side – Ft Lowell Park @ the parking lot off of Craycroft;
- Central – Reid Park @ Randolph Way and 22nd Street in the parking lot just east of the elephant exhibit
- South side – COT staging yard between 6647 and 6663 S Missiondale Rd (east side of the road);
- East side – Udall Park just south of the buildings at the recycle/treecycle yard;
- West side – Menlo Park just west of the pool @ Fresno St; and
- Southeast side – Purple Heart Park off of Rita Road.
Pickup begins at 8 a.m. It is self service, 10 bags per person so that the City can accommodate as many residents as possible. The City will supply sand, sand bags, ties and shovels.
Staff from the City’s Department of Transportation will be on location to assist, but the sand bags will not be pre-filled.
The City of Tucson will have 10,000 bags available for distribution, with 2,000 of those provided by Pima County.
Brianda Torres, Management Analyst
Council Member Karin Uhlich
City of Tucson, Ward III
1510 E Grant Road
Tucson, AZ 85719